Wednesday, April 7, 2010

We Were In Love - Part 2

Here is the end of my short screenplay! Enjoy!

INT. STACEY’S BEDROOM – NIGHT

STACEY’s phone beeps waking STACEY up. She fumbles for her phone, knocking over the pile of books that sit by her bed.

STACEY
Son of a bitch! This better be important!

STACEY finally grabs hold of the phone, opens it and up pops an incoming text.

STACEY
(reading the text)
From Steven. Hey Stace. What you doing?

STACEY (V.O.)
I actually stopped breathing when his name appeared on the phone. What do I do? Do I ignore it? Do I answer? I thought he never wanted to talk to me again... What is this?

STACEY starts texting

STACEY(V.O.)
I knew I shouldn’t text back... but I couldn’t stop myself.

Text beeps again. Text pops up on the screen. From Steven. I was gonna say you should come over but if you’re already sleeping...

STACEY (V.O)
I took back a little control by not responding, but I couldn’t sleep the rest of the night. Did I miss my chance? Would I ever hear from him again?

INT. STACEY’S CAR – NIGHT

JESSICA
Thanks for the ride Stace.

STACEY’s phone buzzes in the cup holder of the car. 1 new text message pops up on the phone. Both girls look towards the phone.

JESSICA
Everything alright Stace? You look like you’re having a heart attack.

STACEY
What? Oh yeah I’m fine Jess. It’s just... my sister.

STACEY (V.O.)
It wasn’t my sister. But I couldn’t tell her it was Steven, I barely believed it myself. All I knew was I had to see him... it wasn’t a want... it was a need. I felt like a drug addict, and Steven was my drug.

INT. STEVEN’S HOUSE – NIGHT

Only the glow from the inside light lit STACEY’s path towards the front door. She pauses for a moment before knocking, the only sounds she can hear are her heart pounding and the muffled sound of Star Wars coming from inside the house. Finally after standing there for a moment STACEY gains the courage to knock on the door.

STEVEN
Hey there stranger.

STACEY
Hi.

STEVEN holds the door open for STACEY to walk through. A few awkward moments of silence occur.

STACEY
So... how have you been?

STEVEN
I’m doing good, how ‘bout you babe?

STACEY
I’m a little shocked honestly.

STEVEN moves closer to STACEY and she has to catch her breath. STEVEN puts his arm around her and pulls her close. Their hands intertwine as their body’s press up against each other. STEVEN moves in and kisses STACEY. STACEY pulls back at first but then starts kissing him again passionately. STEVEN pulls away but keeps hold of her hand.

STEVEN
I’ll show you the way.

STACEY follows STEVEN upstairs.

STACEY (V.O.)
Following Steven up those stairs was against my better judgement. I knew I shouldn’t. I knew what I was getting myself into and I knew it wouldn’t end well. But I knew I couldn’t stop when every part of me wanted him. I couldn’t help it. I was still in love with him.

INT. STEVEN’S BEDROOM – NIGHT

STEVEN and STACEY are cuddled up in STEVEN’s bed. STACEY’S head resting on STEVEN’S chest and he has his arm around her shoulder.

STEVEN
You know I never stopped loving you. I didn’t want to hurt you. I miss you so much Stace.
STACEY gets up and starts walking towards the door. STEVEN follows her.

STEVEN
Stace... Stacey wait!

STACEY
For what Steve?

STEVEN
For me. I meant it, I meant everything I said. I still love you Stacey. Do you still love me?

STACEY
I wish I didn’t.
(sigh)
but I can’t help it. Of course I love you, but that isn’t what matters.

STACEY walks out the front door.

EXT. STEVEN’S HOUSE – NIGHT

STACEY slams the door shut and runs down the sidewalk, slowing down as she approaches her car. She turns around to face Steven’s house and starts walking back. STACEY reaches the front door which was left partially open and pauses when she hears STEVEN’S muffled voice.

STEVEN
Hey baby. What you doing?.... Oh yeah... well why don’t you come over? I’ll make you feel all better. Just like I did last night sexy..... I’ll see you soon babe. I can’t wait to have you all to myself again.

STACEY walks back to her car as her phone buzzes.
1 New text. It was great to see you beautiful. Love you.

INT. STACEY’S CAR – NIGHT

STACEY is driving through the Winnipeg streets. The only lights are the headlights from the car and the red stoplight in front of her. It is raining outside, which is matched by the tears running down her face. The stoplight is reflecting in her eyes. Inside the car is soft country music playing.
STACEY (V.O.)
We were in love. At least we were once upon a time, but our time was over now and that was something I was just going to have to get used to. We would never walk down the street holding hands and making plans about our future, we would never argue over which movie to rent and then curl up on the couch, safe in each other’s arms watching it. I would never wake up next to him and look at his sleeping face and be so happy and thankful that he was mine. He wasn’t mine anymore. And I was ok with that. He loved me, that I was sure of... But he loved the chase more. We were in love... but that was a lifetime ago. For the first time I could think about him and I wasn’t sad about what I lost, I was thankful for what had happened.

FADE OUT.

2 comments:

  1. more like i was in love not we

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel like I need to remind everyone that this is a work of fiction, its not something that really happened.

    ReplyDelete