Sunday, January 31, 2010


I was... am one of those people who are happily caught in the middle of the romantic vampire craze that seems to be getting bigger by the second. For me it all started with Twilight.

My dear friend Megan spent hours telling me about the series and telling me that I would instantly fall in love with Edward. At this point I didn't even know who Edward was and honestly I wasn't quite sure I wanted to find out. Megan went out and bought me Twilight and it sat on my shelf for a good couple months. After constant pressuring I finally gave in and read to book.

The first thing I noticed was that the writing was a little childish but within about 10 pages, I was hooked. It became almost an addiction. I would stay up all night to read the book, I even brought it to a party and while everyone else sat and socalized I found a little corner and read my book.

Megan was right. I did fall in love with Edward, well as much as you can love a fictional vampire anyway, and as soon as I was finished the book I ran off to Chapters to buy New Moon and Eclipse. I read both of them just as quickly as the first. I loved the little world they put me in where love really did conquer all, even blood-thirsty vampires, werewolf best friends and keeping it all a secret.

When the movies came out I was so excited, but that was quickly followed by disappointment upon watching the first one. Lucky the books had such an effect on me that when New Moon came out this past November, I went and gave the mpvies another chance. New Moon wasn't the best movie i'd ever seen but it was much better then the first.

My love for romantic vampires had been rekindled. Then I happened to notice a new series on THE CW called The Vampire Diaries. The show became addictive very quickly, soon I was watching it every Thursday night. Then my friend Caitlin introduced me to the books, I wasn't going to read them but....

One day after a particularly good episode I decided I couldn't wait for a week to find out what was going to happen. I rushed down to Chapters and bought the first four books in the series. Now all I have to do is find the time in Crecomm to actually read these books.


Here is a little taste of the television show that inspired this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment