Monday, December 7, 2009

Remember the Sales Associates this Holiday Season

The snow has fallen, the trees are being decorated, Christmas shows are taking over the television, it is that time of the year again. I love the whole Christmas season... with one exception. Shoppers. (dun dun dun)

Being a slave in children's retail around Christmas means taking your sanity and will to live and checking it at the door. Here are a few things you shoppers should keep in mind next time you go to a store and deal with the people working there.

1. We are not there to make things difficult for you. We are trying our best to help everyone, much to your suprise we do not wake up in the morning and think about how we can ruin you day.

2. If we say we don't have it in the back, we really don't have it. Don't ask us if we are sure it's not there. If we've taken the time to go back and check and come up empty handed, we don't have it. We want you to buy it, why would we leave it in the back. Look around the store it is busy, other people have bought your item. Not our fault. I'm sure your daughter really wants it but there is nothing I can do for you, you should have shopped earlier.

3. Yes there is a line. You knew that when you walked into the store. There was a line last Christmas and there will be a line next Christmas. Suck it up and stand in line. And no you don't get to skip ahead because you are busy, you can wait in line like everybody else.

4. Gift Reciepts. When I ask if you need them and you say no, don't tell me after the transaction that you need them.

5. Just because it was on sale last week doesn't mean it will be on sale this week. Don't yell at me about it.

6. After you have just watched me fold an entire table of shirts, please, please don't unfold everyone. It will make me cry.

7. When returning, you get the same amount of money back that was spent on the item in the first place. Its not my fault you thought it was worth more.

8. You cannot barter the prices of the items with me. The price is on there for a reason, an dthat is the way it will stay, no matter how hard you try. I don't have the power to change it.

9. When debit and credit go down, I didn't do it. I would love for it to be working more then you know, and yelling at me about it is not going to fix it.

10. Yes the Christmas carols playing in the store are annoying. Just remember you get to leave the store, I'm stuck there for eight hours.

To all of the customers who don't complain, who understand that we are just doing our jobs, and who don't yell at me becauseit's five pm on Christmas eve, you didn't get all your presents and the mall is now closed. We, the poor sales associates, love you.

Just take the time to say "Have a nice day" and you can make our crazy day a little bit better. When you do your Christmas shopping, have a little respect for the sales associates, we probably want to be there about as much as you do.

3 comments:

  1. For the love of a sales associate, I love it. Thanks for thinging about all of us and shoppers please do remember that although some of us do love our jobs, if we won the million we would be out of there in a flash

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is funny, and entirely true. People become ignorant and stupid when the shopping season begins. The associates can do everything for them...or so they think.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You said it all! New top ten list! Where was this blog when I was working retail?

    ReplyDelete