Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Family Traditions: Superbowl Sunday!



Superbowl Sunday is a staple in Pitsanuk family life. How we celebrate changes from year to year but the sentiment is always the same.

As a family we always sit down together and cheer on our favorite team... I am usually highly out-numbered but I do have a tendency to win!

This year was a particularly exciting Superbowl as the New Orleans Saints took on the Indianapolis Colts and the Pitsanuk house was full of excited football fans.... well maybe just full of excited people.

Football may have been the excuse that brought us all together but the reasons were far more.

Food!

The amounts of food that were in my house that night could feed a small army.... or at least a hungry teenage boy... We had chili, veggies, pizza, chips, chili, dip, chili and did i mention chili. We still have a fridge full of the food, which works well for me because I don't have to actually cook anything I can just warm it up!

Booze!

It was the Superbowl... with a house full of adults... enough said.

Commercials!

Only the best part of the Superbowl!!! This year we had the American commercials playing on the TV. This year my I had a few favorite commercials.

Google.



Budweiser.



Doritos.



When anyone was out of the room for the commercials, we had people yelling that they were on and a stampede came into the family room to enjoy the commercials.

And of course the game!

Watching the Colts LOSE to the Saints was amazing!!!! The game itself was exciting and when you added the shots we were taking at each other, the excitement of watching the team I was cheering for win was awesome!

Looking forward to Superbowl Sunday next year when the Patriots are going to win!!!!

3 comments:

  1. Are you kidding.. I'm always the one outnumbered cause I'm a colts fan in a patriots family

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ps.. I love love love the doritos one!!

    ReplyDelete